Sunday, May 11, 2014

Southern Charm Meets Vintage Elegance


I was recently in Nashville for a wedding.  Not just any wedding – a wedding that most girl’s dream about! Picture something like an Instagram inspired, Pinterest perfect, wedding bell bliss! I mean it, get ready to take notes!!


 

 Friday night, my boyfriend and I attended the Rehearsal dinner.  From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with unlimited Tennessee Tea’s!  Later on, the dinner they served was your typical Southern feast – fried chicken, mashed potatoes, collard greens, corn pudding...... Ahh, I think I gained 10 pounds just thinking about it!
 
Saturday night were the nuptials., but let's fast forward to the reception!  The reception took place at this beautiful plantation house - In that moment, I knew what it was like to pretend to be Melanie Carmichael (Only in Nashville, not Alabama).  Okay, just a few of my favorite things from the night: 1. a stack of antique luggage and decorations where we found our names and setting arrangements. 2. A romantic scene off to the corner with a blanket, pillow, flowers, wine, a Just Married sign and a chalkboard that said, Reserved for Shannon and Scott.  3.  A basket filled with blankets and sign that read Borrow A Blanket And Snuggle (Clearly I am a rebel since I kept mine...) 4. An abandoned black barn with chandeliers and a wall of mirrors.  5. A shelf filled with old family wedding pictures (must file this idea away and use at my wedding) and 6. The music!
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 Dress - New York and Company
Necklace - H&M
Shoes - DSW -----> Buy here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment