Sunday, May 18, 2014

Demin + Lace at the Opry


 
The only time that I am organized is when it comes to packing!  I keep a detailed document on my phone with outfits I want to wear for upcoming trips.  It’s pretty aggressive, I know.  I mean, these notes start as soon as I know I’m booking a trip.  So, the first items that came to mind when I received an invitation to a wedding in Nashville were – COWGIRL BOOTS


I picked up these boots on the clearance rack at DSW.  My favorite part? THE HEEL.  I know that isn’t the purpose of having cowgirl boots, but I’m pretending to be a country girl, so these are perfect for me! I thought boots were a smart and versatile choice for Nashville.  Wrong!  Only tourists wear boots around the town!

I’d been to Nashville once before, but it was my boyfriend’s first time.  We each got to pick one attraction to see: He chose Gruhn’s Guitar and I chose the Grand Ol’ Opry!  I scheduled our tour for Friday, the day we arrived.  I definitely recommend this tour to everyone!  So much history at the opry.  They take you through the dressing rooms and let you poke around – “That green chair you’re sitting on?  Johnny Cash used to sit there playing his guitar.”  My favorite show, Nashville, on ABC has a display at the Opry.  I freaked out when I saw it.  I was the only person on the tour that watched the show!  Bummer.


The last leg of the tour, the guide takes you to the stage.  In the center of the stage is a photo op.  Once everyone had their photos taken, the most amazing thing happened!  The tour guide asked if any of us could sing.  Without skipping a beat, my boyfriend pointed at me and yelled, “SHE CAN!”  The mics were off and there wasn’t anyone else in the Opry, but I stood front and center and belted out the first verse of the song my boyfriend and I wrote together – video last posted HERE.  It all happened pretty quickly, but I’m honored to stand on that stage and sing where so many legends have been before!




 
 
Denim Shirt - Abercrombie
Shorts - Nordstrom Rack
Boots - DSW
Necklace - Francesca's
Watch - Michael Kors
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment