Thursday, April 24, 2014

15 Minutes of Fame!




Somehow, my boyfriend convinced me to play at an open mic with him last week!  Honestly, how can you say “no” to this guy?

                                                               


Remember Rock Band? I took that game seriously!  I was always the singer and my brother was always the drummer.  In real life, I’m still the singer and my boyfriend plays guitar.  I don’t even want to get into his collection of stringed instruments because I’d rather talk about more interesting topics – liiikee my look for the night!

 We have a bluegrass/blues vibe going on so I actually thought rockin' a Canadian Tuxedo would be appropriate! I paired a denim shirt with a pair of jeans in similar color, slid a leopard print skinny belt around my waist, clasped my favorite gold necklace under my shirt collar, and added my cowgirl boots as a final touch.  I pictured us looking more like Britney and JT circa 2001. Never Forget.

After a once over in the mirror, I quickly realized that I cannot pull off double denim - Especially if I wanted us to be taken seriously!  If you know me, then you know that leggings are always my go-to choice. Off with the jeans and on with the leggings.  Voilà!

 
 
 
 This clip is actually a song that Max and I wrote together :) 

We performed 4 songs that night.  We were incredibly nervous but as soon as we hit the stage, it felt natural!  Want to hear more?? We're planning a set for next Thursday at Woodlands' open mic. Come out and cheer us on! We would love the support!!


Top - Abercrombie
Necklace - House of Gemmes (ON SALE and enter email for a $15 gift card)
Boots - DSW