Sunday, April 13, 2014

First entry: Amber's Engagement

Amber's fiancé, Danny, planned this adorable surprise gathering with friends and family on a Saturday evening in Columbus. Let's get one thing straight. I'm in Human Resources. That's like the hub of all gossip! But I sure can keep a secret! Sorry, Amber :)

I digress....Earlier in the week, weather looked great!  Partly cloudy, 60 degrees. WRONG. I woke up on said Saturday to rain.  Rain, rain go away, come again another day.... Not only did it rain ALL. DAY. LONG! It also started snowing around 7p.m. Mind you, it's the end of March here.  But he made it all work without Amber catching on.  Great job, Danny!

I, on the other hand, needed an outfit suitable for an engagement celebration followed by an alternative concert (as I previously purchased Grouplove tickets prior to knowing the date of Amber's engagement).  WHAT. WOULD. KIKI. WEAR?  I needed something that was feminine-meets-rocker-chick. I work at the corporate office of a leading footwear and accessories retailer.  Having the right shoe is not an issue.  Having too many shoes? Yes!  These Betsey Johnson studded booties paired with leather leggings were the perfect combo for a concert.  As for a feminine touch, I went with this flowy, magenta blouse complete with a bow in the back. 

Danny rented out the top floor of a local bar.  Everyone gathered around 5:45.  Around 6:30, the happy couple has finally arrived and the celebrations began!
 
Don't mind my bra straps - I was too excited to see that ROCK!  But you can see the bow in the back of my shirt. It's from www.shophopes.com
 
College roomies :)
 
 



 
 
Top - Hope's
Leather Leggings - Forever 21
Necklace - New York and Co
Shoes - DSW