Monday, July 28, 2014

Seattle, Seafood, and Crop Tops





 
 
After returning from the East Coast, I waited exactly one week before heading to the west coast: Seattle, Washington.  Seattle is a city that has been at the top of my bucket list for years now.  Everything from the space needle to Pike Place and the gum wall to whale watching and hiking at Discovery Park.  All of these activities sounded great to me!

It was quite the impromptu trip, but I’m not one to pass up on an opportunity to travel!  I originally wasn’t even staying for 48 hours, but I got my flight changed and took a red eye back to Columbus giving me 12 extra hours to enjoy the city!

It sure was hard getting used to the time change.  My friend and I landed at 5pm Pacific Time and  I made it until 11pm – in my defense, it was 2am Eastern time and a Monday.
I packed 4 outfits total: A nice dress for nice dinner, an outfit to wear during my only full day, an outfit to wear out my 2nd night, and a travel outfit.  On my first full day in Seattle, we knocked out all tourist activities: Pike Place, Post Alley, coffee from the first Starbucks (had to shove some bows, but let's face it,  the coffee just tastes better at the original starbucks!), drinks at Pike Brewing Company, dinner at the Crab Pot restaurant (check out their seafests), and Pier 57.

With this outfit, I experimented with a crop top and high waisted shorts!  I have always thought, as long as your belly button is covered, you're wearing a crop top properly. If you're belly button is peeking out, it then becomes a belly shirt.  I didn't exactly follow my own rules because my belly button showed more than I wanted.  But these shorts have the cutest print and an elastic waistband which meant I could eat as much fresh salmon, kale, and beer as I wanted from Place Pigalle. Trust me, it is a good combo!  I left it plain on top because I wanted the focus to be on my shorts (and not my midriff).  I've been on a fedora kick ever since my beach vaca - hats keep the sun out of my face without giving me sunglass tan lines.  The weather was perfect - nothing but blue skies and I felt comfortable exploring Pike Place all day!

Shorts - Shop Hope's
Shirt - Forever 21
Fedora - DSW
Purse Francesca's
Sandals - Target
Nail polish - OPI; Cajun Shrimp





No comments:

Post a Comment