Monday, July 7, 2014

Nautcal Stripes and catamaran Tours



I just took a week vacation with my boyfriend’s family.  We vacationed in Martha’s Vineyard, an island of Massachusetts. I couldn’t wait to dunk myself in the salt water and taste fresh lobster! 

I tend to be ambitious when it comes to packing my suitcase.  We’re talking excel spreadsheets – months in advance!  My boyfriend attempted to burst my bubble, requesting that I consciously pack my outfits, because we were driving a full car to the vineyard.  Mr. V. actually challenged me to one outfit per day (Challenge not accepted, by the way)! I had been busy, planning outfits and scouting Pinterest for outfit inspiration ever since I was invited.  Nautical stripes, beach hats, and maxi’s were on the top of my list!  I picked out 3 fedoras and one floppy hat to wear, then I forgot them entirely on the floor of my apartment.  Operation Find A Fedora was in full effect once on the road – scouring gas stations and gift shops for the first and cheapest fedora I could find.

I had a great time on the family vacation and am extremely thankful for the invitation.  Exploring Martha’s Vineyard was beautiful, and relaxing on the beach was so peaceful.  Speaking of exploring, my boyfriend and I scheduled activities for the two of us – planning shopping outings, ice cream trips, and a catamaran tour – sailing on the Mad Max!

The Mad Max is where all three of my top items came into play!  Sailing from 6:15-8:15pm was going to be chilly and windy. The easiest way to stay warm on a cool summer’s night is to throw on a maxi dress.  I paired it with a distressed denim jacket, a red bauble necklace, and my new fedora






 

 
 
We made friends with the couple next to us – who also happen to be from Ohio and have a few friends in common with us.  It’s small world, after all.

Dress - Marshall's
Jacket - American Eagle (old)
Fedora - Martha's Vineyard gift shop in Vineyard Haven
Necklace - P.S. Wight's (closed)
Sandals - Target
Nail Color - Essie, Mine Candy Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment